Teach Dual Language Immersion
The GCPS Dual Language Immersion Program is a part of one of the largest and most successful Foreign Language programs in the nation. By putting the world in world class, our award-winning model can introduce students to a new language and culture as early as their first day of first grade.
Dual Language Immersion Program Overview:
- Part of the 14th largest foreign language program in the nation
- Award-winning 50/50 Dual Language Immersion Model
- 6 Dual Language Immersion programs with offerings in Spanish and French
- Seamlessly integrated into the GCPS Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS) curriculum
- A team of two teachers ensure shared students learn the full GCPS AKS curriculum while developing proficiency in both
- English and the chosen language
- Students switch rooms half-way through the day, allowing each teacher to maintain their own classroom
DLI Elementary Schools:
- Annistown (Spanish)
- Baldwin (Spanish)
- Bethesda (Spanish)
- Camp Creek (Spanish)
- Ivy Creek (Spanish)
- Trip (French)
Our award-winning DLI program enables students to adopt, and adapt to, new cultures and develop powerful collaboration skills early on. If you have a love for teaching younger students and an Advanced-Mid Level / Near Native proficiency in a DLI target language, apply today. At GCPS we will help you gain the career you have always wanted and help you make the impact you’ve always dreamed about.
Ready to join an award-winning school system?
"The ever-growing, ever-changing minds of young children make them natural language learners. By the end of the first week of Kindergarten, I see a difference in my students. They absorb everything and truly become immersed in the language, it becomes a part of who they are and who they want to be. One day, I hope giving my students the gift of bilingualism enables them to make a difference!"Shannon Hayes
Kindergarten French Dual Immersion Teacher
Trip Elementary School